Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wednesday night Brittany and I studied for history together. Although we got studying done, we also goofed off while doing so. Thursday morning we both woke up earlier to look over our notes that we took the night before. We ate breakfast and then we had to go to class to take our last final. I think I did alright. After that, Anna, Jeni, Brittany and I went to this place called Tinseltown that had a million different kinds of milkshakes, and other American foods. I got a milkshake called Fruit A-List. It was a milkshake with banana and strawberry with strawberry sauce and a ton of whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles on top. It was delicious. After that we went back to our rooms and then met up again at 2 to take one last walk through Regents Park. While there, it was a little chilly, and while we were taking our last pictures, it started to pour. It got super windy and I saw some lightening and there was even thunder. While running to take cover in a cafe in the Park, it started hailing on us. It was super funny. That was the first time in England that I ever heard it thunder and saw it lightening, and I was waiting for a thunderstorm my whole trip, and finally got a bit of one on my last day. When the rain let up, we walked back to our rooms. Brittany and I went to Jeni and Anna's room where we just hung out and talked. At 5:30 a bunch of us headed over to ISH for supper, and then we walked to school for our Reception. It was pretty boring. I signed up to "keep in contact with Birkbeck" so that I could get a free coffee mug that says "Birkbeck Alumni" because I am now an alumni member there. Brittany, Anna, Jeni and I left there and took some last minute crazy pictures in London and headed over to Big Ben and Parliament. It was really pretty lit up. After that we headed over to ISH for the last night of Karaoke and one final last gathering with our Stevens Point group. Brittany and I didn't stay as late as the others because we wanted to pack up some more stuff and try to get some hours of sleep. It was sad saying goodbye to those who were not flying back with us. I got about 4 hours of sleep that night. At 6am we woke up to shower and pack up the last of our stuff. We were at ISH by 7:30 to get breakfast and then we waited for the bus to come to take us to Heathrow. It was also sad because at breakfast we had to say goodbye to Sami. She started crying and then everyone else got watery eyes. We got to Heathrow and we made our way through check-in and security and then had to walk like what felt like forever to get to our gate which was in the boondocks of the airport. We played Uno while waiting for our gate to open. We were finally able to board the plane and I was sitting next to Ashlie. She had the window seat so that I could have the aisle seat. Brittany was across the aisle from me so I'm glad it worked out that way. The plane ride was uneventful and took a while. The last leg of the flight I started to feel sick because we were descending and getting ready to land. That always makes me feel sick. The landing was rough and it felt like we were on a roller coaster. I was super warm and fanning myself and I'm glad we didn't spend much more time in the air because I feel like I could've lost my lunch had it been any longer. We went through customs and got our luggage and then we all said goodbye to each other and hugged before walking out to meet our families. It was sad to say goodbye to everyone. We walked out and I spotted my mom's turquoise jacket and waved to her walking out. It was so awesome that everyone waiting for us was happy and we had all walked out as a group and everyone's family was just happy and it was great. I then had to say my last goodbye to Brittany and I was tearing up because I'm going to miss that girl so much. She is the best roommate I've ever had and she's just so sweet and nice. I already missed her this morning without waking up with my buddy. But I know that I'll see her again, and since she only lives in West Bend it isn't hard to meet up with her. We had the honor to drive Lisa to her brother's place in Milwaukee and my dad bought cheese curds on the way down, so we got to snack on those.  Once in Milwaukee we said bye, but I'll see Lisa in a week when we're both in Point visiting our roommates there for Alyssa's birthday. Once in Plymouth we first went to City Club so that I could have a real cheeseburger with a hard roll. We finally got home later and I was dead tired. I showed my parents the stuff I brought back and then went to bed finally at 11pm.
 Here our some of the final pictures I took, and I'll have to make another post once my friends upload their pictures on Facebook so I can download them and add them here later.




 My camera had a problem and was blurry this night

 Last tube train I saw
 Lisa singing karaoke
 Me outside the Regent's Park Station
 Me, Anna, and Jeni in M&M World
 Brittany and I in front of an identical house to the house in The Parent Trap
 Anna and I climbed up to get a picture with the big Lion statues in Trafalgar Square
 Brittany and I frustrated with all the maps we got in History class while studying
 Brittany and I in Harrods
 My London family with the London Eye. Jeni, Anna, Brittany, me
Jumping picture literally right before it down poured in Regents Park. Anna, me, Brittany, and Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment