Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Last Week/Weekend in London

Last Friday I do not really remember what I did. I think me and Brittany just stayed in our room all day and attempted to study for our finals that we have this week.

Saturday, Brittany and I woke up and we went to South Kensington to see the house where the mom in The Parent Trap lived in London. The actual house was under construction so we couldn't see the house, so we took our picture with a couple houses down. After that, we walked to Harrods. Brittany hadn't been there yet so I said I'd go with. We watched some really cute puppies on the fourth floor. There were really cute American Cocker Spaniels, some ugly chihuahua's and some super cute little English Bulldogs. I just wanted to sit in their little room and play with them and cuddle with them. After that we made our way back to ISH for lunch. In the afternoon I think we studied a bit. In the evening, the majority of our group from Point went on a Pub Crawl. We got a free shot at each of the 4 places that we went. At the first place we had a yummy shot that probably had little to no alcohol in it because of the fact that it was good. The 2nd place was like a club. It was really cool and fun. There we got a free Sambuca shot. That stuff is disgusting. Tastes like gross black licorice. My friend Kassandra wanted to buy me a shot, so I let her. She got me one that tasted like Big Red gum. It was better than Sambuca, but I wouldn't have to have that cinnamon shot again. We danced there and had a good time. Then after that place, we headed to our 3rd destination. This bar/club was so hot we were all sweating. It was gross. There were also a lot of people there. Here we also got another shot of Sambuca. I took it anyways, even though I knew I hated it. It took everything in me to not gag or throw up. At the last place we got the same nasty shot, but I opted out. Brittany, Jeni, Anna, and I left shortly after getting there because we just weren't feeling it or having much fun anymore. Each place we went to had the same songs playing. It got old real fast at the 3rd place. I don't like huge crowds of sweaty people around me, or alcohol that much, so my first pub/club experience of the whole trip was enough for me and it took me till the last weekend here to do it.

Sunday Anna, Jeni and I went out exploring. We first went to the Barbican Center and looked at the outside of it. It was really pretty. There was like a little lake thingy with cool fountains. Next we went to the Great Fire of London Monument. We climbed up 311 steps to the top. It was exhausting. At the top we got 360 degree view of London. It was nice. The weather was also gorgeous! Saturday was sunny with a high of 66! We were walking around in t-shirts. We went to m&m world after that because Jeni hadn't been there yet. We ate lunch at some Italian restaurant after m&m World. From there we went to Trafalgar Square and climbed up a Lion statue/monument. Anna basically pulled me up there, it was hard! After that we took a bus to the building that is MI6 in Skyfall. I've never seen that movie, but the building was sweet looking on the outside! After getting back in the afternoon I had to buckle down and study.

Monday I had my cinema final, and I think I did alright. Today I had my London in Literature final. Tomorrow is my 20th Century British Novel final, and Thursday is my History final.  Last week in London in Lit, our teacher gave us a map of the field positions for the game of Cricket. He gave us 5 minutes to memorize as much of it as we could. I remembered probably about half of the positions. We handed them in and then today we found out who won the competition. It ended up being a tie between me and this guy Tim. Our teacher bought a second prize that we didn't know what it was. Our teacher flipped a coin, and because I'm a lady, he let me call heads or tails. I called heads and it landed on heads so I won a Cricket ball!! I'm so happy I won. My weird memorization of nothing useful has finally paid off and won me that.!! I've been busy studying and I'm itching with anticipation till I no longer have finals so I can pack up all my stuff Thursday afternoon. Thursday evening we have a final reception at school with our teachers and administrative staff with free snacks, wine, and beer. We are all going to that. After that me and a couple others plan to go over by Parliament and Big Ben to see it all lit up at night. Friday morning we are waking up early as our bus arrives at ISH at 8:20 to take us to Heathrow. I've really enjoyed my time here and I'm glad I've met so many new friends and experienced so much, but I'm excited to go back home to see my family and friends there. I want home cooked food, Culver's, Cousins Subs, and a real hamburger with a Sheboygan hardroll.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire,

    I'm going to miss your blog and all the fun stories...but it will be nice to have you home too. It seems time has passed by so quickly. You sure have lots to talk about now! Lots of cool experiences...and some not so great!
    We couldn't be prouder of you for taking this huge leap and going off on your own. I know you have learned a lot...and not just from school. Sometimes we find out more about ourselves when we step out of our comfort zones.

    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. Have a safe trip back...and hopefully we will see you real soon!

    Cheerio Claire!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete